Jim and Christian are joined this week by special guest Gordon Schmidt for show 72 of The Home Tech Podcast. We tried using the very new Google+ Hangout feature called “On Air.” The show video is now available on YouTube at the Average Guy Podcast Channel. Give it a try.
MozyPro–secure online backup for businesses
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live.
Jim takes a look at the real sales numbers for both Windows and Apple.
1. At its peak in 2006, Windows XP was sold and operated on about 400 Million PC’s worldwide (legally). They roughly sold about 10 million copies a month while it was available.
2. Windows Vista sold 384 million copied before it was discontinued in October 2009. Also 10 million a month
3. Since its introduction in 2009, Window 7 has sold 525 million copies as of January 2012. It’s currently selling about 20 million copies a month. This puts it on track to sell around 200 million more copies (700 million total) before Windows 8 debuts late this fall. Early indications are that Windows 8 will get off to a slower start with it containing a major UI change in the Metro interface.
1. As of February 2012, Apple has sold a total 122 million Macs since they were introduced in 1984
2. Compare that to 80 million iPod Touchs (in 4 years) 180 million iPhones (in 4 years) and 55 million iPads (in 2 years)
3. The 37.4 Million iOS devices (iPhone and iPads) that were sold in the fiscal Q1 of 2012 was more units per day than the number of babies being born globally each day
4. In Q2 2012, Apple sold 35.1 million iPhones and 11.8 million iPads.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/theAverageGuyTV
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
The Show Announcements and Schedule: https://twitter.com/#!/TheAverageGuyTV
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Andrew’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/unrealshots
Contact Christian: email@example.com
Contact the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv
Some links may contain affiliate codes that benefit the Average Guy Podcast Network.