The 4 Ways to Finance a College Education from Christian, Update on NASA Internship and Big Data – HT125
Jim (@jcollison) is joined this week by Christian Johnson for Home Tech episode #125.
As a follow up episode to show #112 Christian talks about the world of financing college. He covers Financial Aid, Scholarships, Loans and Internships in detail. He then gives us an update on his work at NASA and then some thoughts on Big Data.
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live.
Surface RT, now starting at $349 at Microsoft Store
- FAFSA – http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- CSS Profile – http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
- List of colleges and universities by endowment – http://www.statisticbrain.com/college-endowment-rankings/
Scholarships – Here are a few examples of sites that help with scholarships and grants
- Texas – http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/aid/faidalpha.php
- California – http://www.calgrants.org/
- Ohio – https://www.ohiohighered.org/sgs
- Nebraska – http://nebraska.edu/current-and-prospective-students/scholarships-and-financial-aid.html
- Jim mentioned is local community college – http://www.mccneb.edu/fa/scholarships.asp
What are your loan options – http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans#what-types-of-federal-student-loans-are-available
As an alternative to the University system, Christian recommends taking a hard look at Community College.
Home Server Show / Surface Geeks / The Average Guy Meetup
New Drobo Owners Google+ Site – https://plus.google.com/communities/116785145923433150501
Interview on Dave Jackson’s School of Podcasting
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/theAverageGuyTV
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
If you’d like to subscribe to the show, click on to update your iTunes library, or for other Podcast downloading applications, please click on the RSS Feed and pick your Pod Catcher of choice!
Or, you can now stream the show online at Stitcher.com at http://stitcher.com/listen.php?fid=22271
The Show Announcements and Schedule: https://twitter.com/#!/TheAverageGuyTV
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Andrew’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/unrealshots
Contact Christian: email@example.com
Contact the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv
Some links may contain affiliate codes that benefit the Average Guy Podcast Network.
One thought on “The 4 Ways to Finance a College Education from Christian, Update on NASA Internship and Big Data – HT125”