Andy Sokolovich from http://www.unleashstrengths.com/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/UnleashCSF and Mike Wieger from http://wiegertech.com/ and the Open Mike Night Podcast http://omnpodcast.com/ joins Jim (https://twitter.com/jcollison) for show #210 of Home Gadget Geeks brought to you by the Average Guy Network, part of http://thegeeksnetwork.com/ community.
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE? http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live or call in your questions or comments to be played on the show at (402) 478-8450
Full show notes and video at http://theAverageGuy.tv/hgg210
Subscribe to the TAG Weekly Update (Be in the know!)
Is cutting the cord really worth it now? – email from Eric Janofsky
Let’s add it up?
Typical Cable bill is $90. How much are you paying?
I pay $77.99 a month for just internet.
Add TV from $25 to $158 per month and $20 for phone
Packages run $205 for full bundle
If it weren’t for technology I’d never be able to…
- Interview people from all over the world via my podcast
- Video chat with my wife from Iraq
- Send massive files from point A to B with a link
- Design awesome stuff for free using Canva, Pic Money
- Capture history in HD with my phone
Pose the question: “Is the increase in tech based communication dissolving the important skill of direct person to person social engagement?”
I have one more thing regarding play-doh – will hit you at the end
Complete online bank Number26 raises 10.6 Million
- German and Austrian customers only
- Number26 did not fundraise. All interest was inbound.
New Treadmill Tech Provides more realistic running
- Sonar detects where you are on the belt and can automatically speed up or slow down
From Jim’s Email box:
- Canva just crossed over the 2 million member mark. Tried it yet?
- This month’s Kindle First books are available to download through April 30, 2015. Kindle First is a free benefit of your Prime membership. Read next month’s new releases today.
- Chatwing much have got blasted. Dropped price this week from $20 to $11.20. Weird amount. Still tough to go from $1 to $11. Thinking it thru
Catch all the subscription links at http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Contact the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv
Some links may contain affiliate codes that benefit the Average Guy Podcast Network.