Join Jim Collison https://twitter.com/jcollison and Mike Howard (@jpeg2raw) from http://jpeg2RAW.com for show #243 of Home Gadget Geeks brought to you by the Average Guy Network, part of http://thegeeksnetwork.com community.
Please leave a REVIEW (iPhone or iPad) at https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewContentsUserReviews?id=457300409&type=Podcast&ls=1&mt=1
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE? http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live or call in your questions or comments to be played on the show at (402) 478-8450
Full show notes and video at http://theAverageGuy.tv/hgg243
Catch the video on Blab: https://blab.im/jim-collison-home-gadget-geeks-243-looking-ahead-to-tech-in-2016
Some obvious ones?
- Self Driving Cars – How far will they progress
- Drones – Will Amazon get its wish?
What about some of the battles?
- What will we see in Home Automation? Lights, Cameras and Action (Home Security), IFTTT
- Will the watch evolve even further? Apple Watch, Microsoft Band, Samsung Galaxy Gear
- Augmented Reality v Virtual Reality? Who will come out ahead in this battle for eyeballs
Robots – is this the year we actually see some helpful robots?
Who will win the the area of Virtual Assistant? Siri, Google or Contana. What about Facebook M?
What happens with Home Computing?
Five predictions IBM Made in 2011
So, on top of mind reading machines what tech does IBM think will change our lives by 2016? http://www.techradar.com/us/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/ibm-predicts-tech-world-of-2016-1048927
- You will make your own energy: Anything that moves has the potential to create energy. Your running shoes, your bicycle and even the water flowing through your pipes can create energy.
- You will not need a password: Your biological makeup is the key to your individual identity, and soon, it will become the key to safeguarding it.
- Mind reading is no longer science fiction: Scientists are researching how to link your brain to your devices, such as a computer or a smartphone, so you just need to think about calling someone and it happens.
- The digital divide will cease to exist: In five years, the gap between information haves and have-nots will narrow considerably due to advances in mobile technology.
- Junk mail will become priority mail: Think about how often we’re flooded with advertisements we consider to be irrelevant or unwanted – it doesn’t have to be that way anymore.
Get the Home Gadget Geeks Mobile Apps at http://homegadgetgeeks.com
http://theaverageguy.tv is powered by Maplegrove Partners web hosting. Get secure, reliable, high-speed hosting from people you know and trust.
For more information visit http://maplegrovepartners.com
Catch all the subscription links at http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Contact the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv