Cyber Frontiers is all about Exploring Cyber security, Big Data, and the Technologies Shaping the Future Through an Academic Perspective! Christian Johnson, a student at the University of Maryland will bring fresh and relevant topics to the show based on the current work he does.
Please leave a REVIEW (iPhone or iPad) – https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewContentsUserReviews?id=857124890&type=Podcast&ls=1&mt=1
Support the Average Guy Tech Scholarship Fund: https://www.patreon.com/theaverageguy
You can contact us via email at email@example.com
Full show notes and video at http://theAverageGuy.tv/cf035
Introduction: Josiah Dykstra – Author of Essential Cybersecurity Science
Publication Date: 12/15
- What was the impetus that led to the publication of this book?
- What are the core tenants / issues discussed?
- A lot of the book frames core problems in cybersecurity as being best framework through the lense of the scientific method. What aspects of the field today are scientific, and what areas are lacking in this approach?
- Is the scientific approach similar or different to the academic approach taken by cybersecurity researchers in major academic institutions leading in the field?
- How does your approach to cybersecurity overlap and/or intersect with visualizations in cybersecurity? Are data visualizations in the field difficult to make, and can they paint different insights than raw data?
Topics of Conversation:
- Core problems in the field today.
- Case Study: Where does IoT fit into the model of essential cybersecurity science.
- How do we promote individuals to be involved in the field? Are we driving different populations of qualified individuals who know only applied cybersecurity instead of having a theoretical understanding as well?
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Contact Christian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the show at email@example.com
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv