Over the holidays, I looked long and hard at a Solo Stove. There were lots of awesome deals on them and on Black Friday, they even offered free shipping on just about any purchase. While I didn’t pull the trigger this time, I will continue to look at them in 2023 as an outdoor option for family gatherings. I really like what Solo is doing here.
You can find more information about Solo at https://www.solostove.com/
Why a Solo stove you might ask? Here are the 5 things I like about them.
- Efficiency: Solo stoves are designed to be highly efficient, meaning they burn wood more completely and use less fuel than traditional wood stoves. This can help save money on fuel costs and reduce the amount of wood that needs to be collected or purchased.
- Portability: Solo stoves are portable, making them ideal for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities. They are lightweight and easy to pack, making them a convenient option for travelers.
- Low smoke: Solo stoves produce very little smoke, which can be beneficial for a number of reasons. First, it reduces the amount of smoke that is released into the environment, which can be harmful to both humans and wildlife. Second, it reduces the risk of fire by eliminating the need for a chimney or flue, which can be a major fire hazard.
- Easy to use: Solo stoves are easy to use, even for people who are new to wood stoves. They are designed with simple controls and are easy to light, making them a good choice for beginners.
- Versatility: Solo stoves can be used for a variety of cooking tasks, including boiling water, frying, and baking. They are also suitable for use with a variety of fuels, including wood and wood pellets.
Like me, if you are thinking of purchasing a Solo Stove, here are a few tips to help you get the best deal on one.
- Shop around: Compare prices at different retailers to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Look for sales: Keep an eye out for sales or promotions at retailers or on the Solo Stove website.
- Check online marketplaces: You may be able to find a good deal on a Solo Stove on online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay.
- Sign up to watch for deals at Slickdeals or Honey. Let the deals come to you via email as they keep track of the price.
- Consider purchasing a bundle: Solo Stove offers bundle deals that include accessories like a carrying case or cooking pot. These bundles can offer a good value for the money.
But Jim, if I start using a Solo Stove, I would need to purchase cut wood and that is getting expensive. Is it really worth it?
Here are a few options for finding free wood to burn in your new Solo Stove.
- Ask neighbors or friends if they have any tree branches or logs that they are looking to get rid of. Many people are happy to have someone take their excess wood off their hands.
- Check with your local tree removal company or landscaping business. They may have branches or logs that they are looking to dispose of and may be willing to give them to you for free.
- Contact your local fire department. They may be able to provide you with information on where to find free wood in your area.
- Look for Craigslist or Facebook marketplace listings in your area. People may be giving away wood or selling it for a very low price.
- Contact your local municipal government or waste management company. They may have information on where you can find free wood or may be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help.
Let me know below if you are thinking about a new stove or maybe have even looked at the Solo Stove. If you already have one, how has it worked for you? Comment below.