I have 10 monitors on my desk. 6 for play and 4 for work. They are not all powered by one PC, I have 2 PC, one Mac Mini and one with a dedicated Amazon Fire Stick for play, and a laptop driving 3 external monitors for work. Some say it’s too many. I could never have enough!
There are several benefits to having multiple monitors on your desk at home:
- Increased productivity: With multiple monitors, you can easily view and work on multiple applications or documents simultaneously, which can save you time and effort when referencing or comparing information from different sources.
- Improved organization: Multiple monitors allow you to organize your desktop and applications in a way that makes it easier to find and access the information you need. For example, you could have one monitor for work-related tasks and another for personal use.
- Enhanced multitasking: Having multiple monitors makes it easy to multitask and have different windows or applications open on each screen, which can save you time and effort.
- Improved gaming experience: For gamers, multiple monitors can provide a wider field of view and a more immersive experience. This can be especially useful in games that require a lot of situational awareness, such as first-person shooters or racing games.
- Increased immersion: Multiple monitors can also make your gaming experience more immersive by allowing you to see more of the game world at once, which can be especially useful in open-world games.
- Better organization: Multiple monitors can also make it easier to keep track of your gaming setup and stay organized. For example, you could have one monitor for your game and another for your chat or music player.
- Greater flexibility: Multiple monitors provide greater flexibility in terms of how you use your desktop, as you can customize each screen to suit your specific needs. For example, you could have a monitor dedicated to displaying weather information or other specialized apps.
Overall, having multiple monitors can greatly improve your productivity, organization, and gaming experience, while also providing greater flexibility in how you use your desktop.
How many monitors work best for you? Comment below.
For more discussion around this topic, see https://theaverageguy.tv/2023/01/07/jay-franze-more-thoughts-on-a-solo-stove-and-tech-productivity-gadgets-for-your-desk-hgg557/