Keeping up with Jones’… Are you sure that’s what you want?
Subscribe to the TAG Weekly Update (Be in the know!)
Why do we find the need to compare ourselves to our neighbors?
- · A big part of our culture is based on competition
- · We have an inherent need to further ourselves
- · If you are not careful it feeds the “rat race” and leads to a dissatisfied life
We tend to overestimate other people’s financial positions
- · We exaggerate there income
- · We minimize their spending habits
- · We assume they are better than we are
What is the secret to finding satisfaction within your means?
- · Become a realist
- · Start a conversation with your family, or if you are brave, with your friends
- · Set some goals
- · Save first, then spend.
Check out some of the statistics you can find on on-line communities like Mint.com, but remember you don’t want to be average! Consider checking out some of my favorite blogs such as:
www.thomasjstanley.com – Great book called “Stop Acting Rich: And Start Living like a Real Millionaire”
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Andrew’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewDHunt
Andrew’s Blog: http://gallupfcu.blogspot.com
Contact the show at email@example.com
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv
Visit the new Facebook page for the The Average Guy Network
Intro and Exit Music from “Motion” by Adelaide. Hear more great tunes at Listentoadelaide.com