Keeping up with Jones’… Are you sure that’s what you want?
Why do we find the need to compare ourselves to our neighbors?
- · A big part of our culture is based on competition
- · We have an inherent need to further ourselves
- · If you are not careful it feeds the “rat race” and leads to a dissatisfied life
We tend to overestimate other people’s financial positions
- · We exaggerate there income
- · We minimize their spending habits
- · We assume they are better than we are
What is the secret to finding satisfaction within your means?
- · Become a realist
- · Start a conversation with your family, or if you are brave, with your friends
- · Set some goals
- · Save first, then spend.
Check out some of the statistics you can find on on-line communities like Mint.com, but remember you don’t want to be average! Consider checking out some of my favorite blogs such as:
www.thomasjstanley.com – Great book called “Stop Acting Rich: And Start Living like a Real Millionaire”
Jim’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jcollison
Andrew’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewDHunt
Andrew’s Blog: http://gallupfcu.blogspot.com
Contact the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find this and other great Podcasts from the Average Guy Network at http://theaverageguy.tv
Visit the new Facebook page for the The Average Guy Network
Intro and Exit Music from “Motion” by Adelaide. Hear more great tunes at Listentoadelaide.com