I purchased the Mohu Leaf 50 on the recommendation of a friend on Facebook as a replacement for the two roof-top antennas I was using that I had installed inside my attic. They were not giving me very good reception and the wife acceptance factor was dropping by the day! Here is what I run inside the house.
Windows 7 Media Center PC
1 – SiliconDust HDHomeRun HDHR-US Dual Networked High Def Digital Tuner http://amzn.to/1dUxpXA
- 8-VSB (ATSC over-the-air digital TV)
- QAM64/256 (unencrypted digital cable TV)
- IR Receiver (signal PC with a standard remote control)
- 100baseTX high speed network
1 – SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual High Definition Digital TV Turner HDHR3-US http://amzn.to/1dUxTwS
- Two Digital Tuners, Anywhere on Your Network
- TV sources: ATSC digital TV (antenna), Unencrypted digital cable TV (Clear QAM)
- Works with popular DVR software
- Seamless operation with multiple computers
- Requirements: Dual core recommended for HD playback, 1 GB RAM recommended, 1-4 GB per 1/2 hour of DTV recording
I live in the Omaha, Nebraska TV viewing area
When I installed the roof-top antennas a couple years ago, I ran cable up to the attic from the basement where the tuners are. About a half a day of install to get them up there and on short poles that I installed myself.
The Leaf was a entirely different set up. It comes in two units. The flat antenna part, that at first glance is not confidence inspiring. I kept thinking, this flat piece of plastic is going to get better reception that those two big metal antennas? I was a doubter. I installed the antenna up in the attic next to the old ones. I just hung it loosely from the rafters. A 5 minute install.
The second part is the power booster that was installed in the basement where I have the two HomeRuns installed. Very easy set up.
Once the unit was set up, it was just a matter of scanning the tuners in Media Center and watching TV again.
The signal was greatly improved over the roof-top antennas I was using and all channels in my view area were coming in with 4 or 5 bars. I the past I was only getting 3/4 of the channels and weather had become a factor. Those days are gone.
We have now been using the Mohu Leaf for over 6 months with great results. Contact me email@example.com with questions