Sammie Collison (Jim’s daughter) joins us this week to talk about her college experience and the tech she has used for school and journalism. Sammie is a student at Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville Mo. I think you will enjoy the show.
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE? http://theAverageGuy.tv/subscribe
Join us for the show live each Thursday at 8pmC/9E/1UTC at http://theAverageGuy.tv/live
Full show notes and video at http://theAverageGuy.tv/hgg403
Podcast, Home Gadget Geeks, Northwest Missouri State, Slack, Google Docs, Laptop, Trello, Pokémon Go, Battery Backup, iPhone
Sammie – what does it mean to be a journalist in 2019?
Headphones / Bluetooth Speakers
Project Management with Trello / Slack and Google Drive
Phone and Charger
Campus News Editor
10 essentials for dorm life at Northwest
In addition to all the items you use on a daily or weekly basis, there are a few items that have been life-savers during my two years of dorm life that you will not want to forget.
- A thick robe, because the fire alarm will go off while you’re in the shower in the dead of winter at least once.
- A surge-protected power strip, because the Maryville Walmart will be sold out on move-in day.
- A handheld vacuum, because the ones in the dorms are awful and don’t work.
- Earplugs, your roommate definitely lied when they said they don’t snore.
- Wall coverings, like a tapestry, photos, posters, or a net of fairy lights. The last thing you want to look at when you come home after a long day is a white brick wall.
- Curtains, if you’re in Dieterich or Millikan, because the windows do not come with blinds. Or a mirror if you’re in Franken, because there are none in the rooms.
- A coffee maker, because Starbucks is not cheap. Or bring an electric kettle if you’re a tea person.
- A mattress topper will go a long way toward making your bed more comfortable.
- A calendar, and use it so those deadlines don’t sneak up on you.
- Something that motivates you, whether it’s a favorite quote, a photo of someone who inspires you, a vision board or a piece of your fast food uniform from high school, bring something physical that you can look at when you’re writing that paper at 3 a.m. and you want to give up that reminds you why you’re here
Get all your TAG SWAG!
Join us in the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/theaverageguy/
On Discord at https://theaverageguy.tv/discord
Get the Home Gadget Geeks Mobile Apps at http://homegadgetgeeks.com
http://theaverageguy.tv is powered by Maplegrove Partners web hosting. Get secure, reliable, high-speed hosting from people you know and trust. For more information visit http://maplegrovepartners.com